Registration and networking breakfast
Opening remarks from Chairperson:
Joe Rosengarten, Managing Editor, Key Media
Changing demographics: An opportunity for female advisors
With studies showing that women will control an even bigger share of wealth in Canada in the coming years, advisors are having to adapt their approach to capitalize on this new opportunity. Meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships with this group will be driven by connection, trust and an interest in family planning and long-term financial wellbeing. So, therefore, there is an immense opportunity for women advisors to leverage a more empathetic, intuitive and emotionally connected approach to better respond to these requirements. This session will discuss:
- Overview of changing market requirements and demographics
- What are these emerging client segments seeking from their financial advisors?
- Opportunities for women to communicate more effectively to a changing client base
- To what extent will changing client demographics change the playing field of the wealth management industry?
Financial Planner, New School of Finance
Boardroom presenting: Winning high stakes conversations with proven strategies and speaking skills
Presenting in a boardroom is unlike any other setting – part monologue, part dialogue, part presentation and part improvisation. Presentation skills can make or break your impression on colleagues and clients alike. This interactive workshop will deliver leading insight into the preparation tactics and presentation skills that will enable female leaders to win boardroom meetings.
- How to design meeting tactics and goals
- Understand seating strategies that deliver the greatest potential impact
- Develop eye, voice and body language skills for effective and persuasive presentations
- Best practices for handing skepticism to gain consensus
- Practical tips for enhancing presentation messaging and delivering a strong close
- Advice for developing client-centric presentations
Director of Creative Campaigns, Invesco Consulting
Morning refreshments and networking break
Benefits of flexible work practices
The ridged and competitive nature of the industry demands for long hours and the prioritization of clients can make it difficult for women to return to work, when family commitments require flexibility. Why is it important for companies to offer flexibility in the workplace? How can flexible work practices be utilized without impacting career development and company culture? How can progress be made to promote industry-wide flexibility and work-life balance? This session will discuss:
- The long-term benefits of flexible work practices.
- Strategies for taking advantage of flexible working without impacting career growth
- Best practices for establishing leave programs that support women back to work
- The potential of technology to enable flexible work practices and create workload efficiency
Senior Advisor, Lawton Partners
Panel discussion: Unlocking the value of mentorship
Creating a supportive network is key to empowering women with the insights, ideas and confidence to advocate for themselves, navigate career challenges and prepare for the future. We are never too established to learn from one another or gain fresh perspectives. This session will discuss:
- The value of creating a support network; mentoring, reverse mentoring and sponsorship
- Practical strategies for finding a mentor
- Best practices for adding tangible value as a mentor
- Assessing the difference between mentorship and sponsorship for pursing career goals
- Advice for establishing company mentorship programs and measuring return on investment
Wealth Advisor and Portfolio Manager, Aligned Capital Partners Inc.
Senior Vice-President, Head of Marketing and Communications, AGF Investments Inc.
President and CEO, Women in Capital Markets
Lunch brought to you by Harvest ETFs
Wearing multiple hats: How to be an advisor and a leader
An increasing number of female advisors have risen to leadership positions. How do you juggle leadership responsibilities while still serving your clients? How can you lead with confidence? In this session addresses:
- How to be a resilient and authentic leader in a male-dominated industry
- Developing a personal leadership style
- Advice for making the transition into a leadership role
- Inspiring other women to succeed: building and leading a team
President, Leon Frazer & Associates
Panel discussion: Tools to build your book of business
In light of a changing industry, your professional growth is dependent on acquiring tools to build your book of business. Which business development tools can set women apart in a male-dominated industry? What does it look like to build a business that reflects your value? This session discusses:
- Picking the right investment partners that reflect your business style
- Targeting a niche market
- How to transition your business model to reflect a changing demographic
- Growing your book of business through your personal brand
Partner, Carte Financial Services
Chief Compliance Officer, Carte Wealth Management Inc.
Investment Advisor and Portfolio Manager (Retired), CIBC Wood Gundy
Wealth Advisor and Associate Portfolio Manager, Raymond James
Afternoon coffee break
Panel discussion: A Bright Future: What can you do to empower the next generation of female advisors?
The wealth management industry is beginning to adapt to changing market requirements and the benefits of fostering a diverse workforce and executive team fast becoming realized. What can we do to further inclusion efforts and empower female leaders? What actions can you take after this conference to impact the future of the wealth management profession?
- Key learnings from best practice diversity & inclusion programs; what impact have these actions had on the business?
- Effective strategies to attract, engage and retain women within the industry
- Engaging men in the conversation and working alongside male champions of change to push for progress
- How to use your position to influence culture change
- Looking to the future: What are the opportunities and how do we leverage them?
CEO & Co-Founder, Wealth Bar
Global CFO, Manulife
Head, North American Credit Research, BMO Financial Group
Vice President, Head of North American Equities & Senior Portfolio Manager, Caldwell Investment Management